New to the area and you’re looking to meet new people? Or maybe you’re searching for the perfect place to take the kids on a sunny Saturday afternoon? From classic car festivals to mountain top Rosé celebrations, check out our Sonoma County May 2022 events below to see what’s coming your way this month!
Sonoma County Human Race
- What: A chance to indulge your charitable side! This annual 5k race is the largest community-driven event of its kind in Sonoma County and supports local nonprofits directly through the donations of its participants (and their supporters!)
- Where: Old Courthouse Square, Santa Rosa
- When: Saturday, May 7th
We Recommend: Signing up! You can run as an individual or bring in a team of your friends and cross that finish line together!
California Artisan Cheese Festival
- What: All-day event where attendees can sample award-winning cheeses and enjoy an abundance of local artisan goods!
- Where: Sonoma County Fair Grounds
- When: Saturday, May 7th
We Recommend: Exploring the marketplace and finding a new favorite local maker!
Pink Sonoma Saturday
- What: A day all about Rosé! Celebrate the reason for the season (Rosé wine season, that is) perched atop the summit of Viansa Winery! Join 20+ wineries as they bring their best, brightest, and newest rosé wines for you to try. As a bonus, Viansa is kid and dog friendly, and proceeds from this event go to various Sonoma County charities!
- Where: Viansa Winery
- When: Saturday, May 14th
We Recommend: Trying out some of the smaller local vineyards! You never know where your next favorite wine will come from.
Salute to American Graffiti
- What: Quick question: Where were you in the summer of ‘62? The Salute to American Graffiti is an annual nod to George Lucas’s classic movie shot in Downtown Petaluma, celebrating classic cars, great food, live music, local handmade art and goods, and more!
- Where: Downtown Petaluma
- When: Thursday May 19th – Saturday May 21st
We Recommend: Checking out all the classic cars on display, and snagging a good seat for the boulevard cruise!
Healdsburg Wine and Food Experience
- What: A three-day festival celebrating the best of both local cuisine and wine makers, alongside world-renowned chefs and vintners. What could be better than 3 days dedicated to wine and food?
- Where: Various Locations Around Healdsburg
- When: Friday, May 20th – Sunday, May 22nd
We Recommend: Attending one of the Wine Seminars and putting your knowledge to the test!
There’s nothing better than getting out there and exploring all that Sonoma County has to offer. We hope you enjoy the incredible month ahead of us, and be sure to tag us @w__marketing__ in your event pics – We can’t wait to see you out and about!
For a full list of events in May, check out the Sonoma County website!